Photos on canvas art is taking the world by storm. People enjoy displaying their most beautiful pictures on the walls of their home, office or business. They can show off their artistic talents or use it as a way to keep their loved ones closer. Seeing their faces up close every day is much more intimate than having their pictures stuck in an album or computer file. wifeposters
If you are considering ordering a photo canvas, find a reputable photo canvas printing firm that is known to deliver quality craftsmanship. They should also offer you a number of choices and features.
- Image format – An established firm specializing in photos to canvas art will not turn you down just because you do not have a digital camera. They will accept digital files, but also traditional photo negatives or slides. It does not matter what media you are using for your photos, your photo canvas supplier should have the equipment to scan all photo types. He should be able to handle anything from jpg and gif, to jpeg and zip files. While file size does matter, you should be able to upload files up to 30 Meg (MB).
- Quality coated canvas material – Before placing your online order, check the website of your fine art and photo canvas printing supplier for information on the type of canvas he is using. You want a canvas that will last, especially when well maintained and protected from direct sunlight. Tests have shown that a quality photo canvas, properly displayed, can last up to a century, if not longer.
- Superior craftsmanship – Canvas printing is a contemporary new way of displaying favourite photographs or artwork. It should be done right, first time around. Ask the printing technician what mounting techniques his company uses. After the prints have been properly trimmed, quality canvasses are usually stretched over a timber stretcher bar frame. A drawstring will tie the back together. The back is then finished with tape, so the print will always stay in place. The completed art piece will then be packaged and dispatched via courier.
- Additional services – Not all photographs are perfect. Some have marks, scratches or other blemishes. That should actually not stop you from requesting your canvas printer to put these photos on canvas. A qualified canvas printing expert should have no trouble fixing these flaws. He can also enhance your prints by fixing faded tones and colours. They should also be able to bring most damaged photos back to life.
- Great customer service – Whether you are familiar with photos to canvas printing or not, you should be able to contact your canvas and fine arts printing supplier by phone, email, or in person – if you live in the same area. All your questions, no matter how basic, should be answered promptly and knowledgeably.
Your photos to canvas supplier should use 100% cotton, water resistant canvas, as well as archival pigment ink. Your piece should be finished with a liquid laminate coating to ensure that your piece is UV protected and colour stable for a long time.